This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OOOPS! I dropped it stories.

I saw this on another forum and since it helps to know other have been in your shoes...LOL

It was Canada Day in Edmonton, we'd been riding all day and had the BEST day. I was hot and tired (in a great way), it was after midnight...I pulled into the garage and the light didn't come on, so I pulled up, turned the bike off, but left the light on as I sat on the bike taking my gloves and helmet off and set them on the shelf so they'd be ready to go in the AM.

I pulled the key out and swung my leg over to get off but since I'd forgot to put the stand down...the keys went flying, I lost ALL balance and the bike ended up on top of me...so there I am in a DARK garage with my foot STUCK (THANK GOD for great boots) under the bike. It was about 1AM.

I did have my cell phone in my pocket, but spent 45 minutes alternately trying to get unstuck and trying to decide who I could call that wouldn't bring a camera...finally I heard someone in the alley and yelled, "help me I've fallen and can't get up," (I couldn't resist)

A mans voice says "where are you," since he couldn't see me in the dark garage...I'm not sure who was laughing harder him or me. He was on his way to the store for his pregnant wife who wanted "ice cream." LOL

It took me about 6 hours to find my keys the next day...they'd ended up hanging from the ceiling joist? WTF? Crazy!

Oh ya, and that guy must have know the who;e damn city, because just about EVERYONE heard about it!

When I was somewhat younger, I prospected for an mc club. The night I earned my patch, three of us set out for a night of bar hopping. Around 3am, we were coming back through town, slightly inebriated, and decided to head down the "main drag", which we knew would be busy on this typical Saturday night. So, there we were, profiling down the street, when the light ahead turned red. I rolled up to the light, pulled in my clutch, and gave the throttle a little blip for effect. I came to a complete stop, and promptly fell over, since I had neglected to put my feet down. This caused my bros to laugh so hard that one of them fell over as well. Some folks on the sidewalk helped us get the bikes back up, and we were all laughing our asses off. I remounted the bike, and we headed through the intersection, only to see a police car parked there........ both officers crying with laughter. Needless to say, I was the talk of the clubhouse for a few weeks.
    Ride safe, Stoney

sigpic

03glide

Comment

They got two wheels, they are gonna fall over once and awhile.
      Fortes fortuna adiuva
      Helmets are like rubbers, you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't-Me.

Comment

Back in the day, as a young buck, a friend and I had just bought new bikes and went for a ride. Out in some little country town, we stopped for fuel. As we were leaving we came out on the wrong side and the (only) traffic light had traffic backed up so we couldn't get out. As the traffic started moving these two really cute girls stopped and waved us out in front of them. Now being cool as hell we whipped out and made a sharp left to get into our lane. As luck would have it the road had a crown and on the other side was some loose gravel. The next thing I knew I was standing straddled over the bike holding onto the handle bars as it lay there in the road. I jerked it up as the light changed and fired it up and took off not even daring to look in my rear view mirror because I didn't want to see them laughing at me. My machismo pride took a hit that day for sure.

Comment

Its funny how fast you can whip a bike up, when its in public.
          Fortes fortuna adiuva
          Helmets are like rubbers, you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't-Me.

Comment

After an evening of TT racing ( Tavern to Tavern ) I came home and usually I'd park on the front porch. My yard was a pretty good down hill from the road to the porch, so the plan was come down through the yard onto the porch and then I was aimed up along side the steps to the driveway for the morning. This feat of motorcycle riding had been accomplished many times before in various states of intoxication and sometimes two up. This time however I was by myself. I left the road and came down through the front yard, no problems at all. Then I discovered that somebody had moved the house on me and, yep you guessed it, ran smack into the corner of the house and flopped over on my side, my foot caught underneath the crash bar. Now it's 2am or round about there, neighbors house is dark, this was before cell phones and it's starting to rain. After about a half hour of wiggling and pushin and pulling I managed to get my foot out of my boot and get out from under the bike. I lifted the bike to retieve my boot and discovered that nothing got scratched or bent. If I ever find out who moved the damn house.....

Comment

I rode up to visit a friend in Casper, Wyoming last August. I was on day 4 of my epic 18 day Grand Adventure and was feeling pretty sassy. My friend has a very steep driveway. They wanted me to park about halfway up the drive but when I got her up there I wasn't happy as she was standing too tall and I was afraid she'd go over in the night. I was backing her down to park on the street. Got about halfway down and my right brake lever caught the side of their pickup. I still had the ride bag on making her top heavy and with the front wheel now turned too far, over she went. I couldn't get her back up and had to ask for help from my friend's hubby. Between the foot board, the ride bag and my left calf easing her to the ground she was undamaged. I was mortified, and pissed and very humbled all at once. I carried those bruises home with me.
              Tonya

Stood alone on a mountain top starin' out at the great divide. I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. And pretty soon, my heart was singin'. . .

Comment

Its like murder, it get easier after the first time. I dump mine all the time.
                Fortes fortuna adiuva

Comment

Yep if 'n you don't drop it you ain't ridin enough!
                  first week out went over to Scottsdale ,just out ridin' ,pull up to a stop sign ,off the main drag , and the next thing I know is that the bike is down and I'm stand 'n over it ? WTF ,look around and quickly pick it up. Still don't know if I forgot to put feet down or what. and that isn't as bad as dropping it in the emission station forgot to put kickstand down ?
                  Slip sliden' away:p

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 03glide View Post
                    Yep if 'n you don't drop it you ain't ridin enough!
                    Thats how I feel.
                    Fortes fortuna adiuva

Comment

Back in 1991 I rode a 1984 Honda VFR-750 my first street bike after years on a dirt bike I pulled into a gas station for gas to fill up and for some reason decide to get of on the high side of the bike and when I brought my leg over I caught my foot on the back of the seat and knocked th bike over toward me. I just barely got out of the way or I would have been pinned under it. Needless to say I was 21 and whipped the bike upright quickly looking around to see how many people had seen it. Only one from what I could tell. WHEW!!!!

Comment

My first bike, was outside a business on highway, for sale. Fell over on me. I was pinned at a funny angle, couldn't get up or lay down. Finally thinking don't want to wait for someone to find me in the morning, got it up. Sliced through my jeans, good thing I had boots on.

Couple years ago, after my accident, I tried to pull in to a bar and do a uturn so I wouldn't be pointed out and could just ride out. It was on gravel, and bike went over. New owner outside, woman, asked me if something was wrong with the kickstand. I just said no kickstand is fine.

I got tons of them.
                        Fortes fortuna adiuva

Comment

Back in the days when I was single, I rented a house in town. The only place to park my bike was on the sidewalk leading up to the house. One day as I left on the bike I noticed the girls across the street out washing their cars. As I got down the road I realized I had forgotten my wallet. I turned around a headed back home to get it. As I pulled up the sidewalk in front of my house (knowing the girls would be watching me) I was going to be ever so cool and in one fluid motion pull up to a stop thow down the kickstand and dismount. And I did..............only I forgot to put down the kickstand and my "cool, fluid" dismount became not so cool and fluid as Me and the bike went down. After getting out from under the bike and getting it upright I went into the house and didn't come back out till the girls across the street went back inside. Damn I'm cool. :cool:
                          Hanging in, Hanging on, Hanging out!!!

Comment

Well 1st one out of the way

Pulled in driveway up to shed, the plan was to leave it running while I opened the shed doors like always. Well I pulled up put it in neutral and just got off the bike, never even made an attempt to put the kickstand down.....oops, laid it right down on the left side crash bar. Man getting old and forgetful sucks
                            I'd rather stand with God and be judged by the world, than stand with the world and be judged by God !!!

Comment

Been there done that

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
                              Slip sliden' away:p

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X