Prayers needed for Burly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers needed for Burly

This is my good friend Burly. He was on his way home from work Friday morning around 5:30 am when a F-150 driver decided to pass a slower car and hit him head on his Harley. He was thankfully wearing his full face helmet, which EMS on the scene said probably saved his life. He is in CCU with a broken pelvis, broken jaw and eye socket, severed tendons in his left hand and broken bones, broken thumb on his right hand, and his urethra is detached from his bladder. He had surgery Friday afternoon to stabilize his pelvis with exterior hardware. This morning he is in surgery for his facial bones. He will have a long road for recovery. I would appreciate any and all prayers and well wishes for him. We have logged many miles with him and his wife. Last year he led us up the east coast to Nova Scotia.
    Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to paramedics.

Prayers from here this morning.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Bev. Prayers going out!

Comment

Prayers from here for your friend..... keep us updated.
        Ride safe, Stoney

sigpic

03glide

Comment

Prayers from here .
          Slip sliden' away

sigpic

Comment

So sorry to hear that! God bless! We were up at Texan HD Friday night. Where did this happen?
            "Gunfighting is one part technique and three parts attitude. It is the man, rather than the gun, that matters." -Col. Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C.(ret.), Founder, IPSC

Comment

Don, it happened Friday on FM 830 at 5:30am on his way home from work. We were going to go to Texan Friday night, but spent most of the day at the hospital and were tired. So we went home and couched it instead. Thank you all for the prayers. Burly had facial surgery yesterday which revealed more fractures in his face. He is undergoing another surgery today.
              Last edited by Firestarter; 11-02-2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Prayers that God and the Surgeons can make him whole again.
                Ron
                Bakersfield CA
                • Grumpy II 12 two tone Blue HD POSE Ultra on order..delivered 12-23-2011
                • Grumpy & Stumpy 04 Blue HD POSE Ultra sold
                • 2105 Triumph Tiger 800XRX White and Black

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers from NOVA for a full recovery.

Comment

Thanks for all the prayers. He had another facial surgery yesterday for 9 hours. They hope to release him from the hospital for healing soon. Then he will come back for the bladder surgery.

Comment

Glad he's showing progress. Prayers continue from here.
                        Ride safe, Stoney

sigpic

03glide

Comment

Not sure how I missed this thread until now.

Thoughts and prayers, Bev.
                          "Blue skies hangin' over my head, I got 500 miles to ride." - RVZ

Comment

Working...
                          X