2012 Radio/MP3 player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Radio/MP3 player

Over the past 2 years, I am having mp3 issues....make up a compressed mp3 CD with 100 or so songs so I can ride most of the day on slab run with a single disk....it is now playing fine through about 40 songs, then it starts skipping songs...maybe 50

....the song shows on the screen for a few seconds, then skips to the next...this goes on for many songs until it finds one IT likes

..I was told to change brand od CDs...I used 3 different name brand CDs, burned with 2 different burners using 2 different software programs...all disk play petfect on the computer, the dvd hooked to my TV, the Toyota Tacoma and the Hyundai Elantra....but fails on thd HD sound system....so I ask you what is the weak link here?

Service writer just called and said theit Master Tech says that system is not meant to play mp3 disks only regular CDs...

Where do they get these idiots...the system is marked mp3 disk, owners manual and their sales info says it plays mp3 discs. IT PLAYS a mp3 disk, but just the songs IT LIKES...

This system was the one used in the 2007 thru I think 2013...anyone else have this issue and how did you get it corrected?

I think I have mentioned I hate the local dealer...

Jim and Daryl. I know you guyd,seem to have decent local dealers...can you bounce this off s couple good mrchs...

Thanks,

Ron

Bakersfield CA

Edit for typos...using phone and one chemo med blurs my vision so typing on this tiny keyboard is a pain...
    ReplyToggle Dropdown
    Next Discussion

ReplyToggle Dropdown
    Next Discussion0
    Ron
    Bakersfield CA
    • Grumpy II 12 two tone Blue HD POSE Ultra on order..delivered 12-23-2011
    • Grumpy & Stumpy 04 Blue HD POSE Ultra sold
    • 2105 Triumph Tiger 800XRX White and Black

Any other issues with radio or speakers?

I had to get a new radio, a rebuilt radio and recently, a friend of mine just rebuilt the radio for me. Too much vibration for the delicate electronics that need to be shored up.

Comment

How did you get a new radio?
      Ron
      Bakersfield CA

Comment

It was under warranty.

Comment

I am still under ESP, but can't seem to get the worthless service folks to be my advocate....hell they have not even called tech support or the radio manufacturer for me...
          Ron
          Bakersfield CA

Comment

The dealer response was less than positive but finally worked it out one month before warranty expiration.

Comment

Ron---these are the people that rebuild Harley radios. http://www.ironcrossaudio.com/ I have talked to them several times and they have always been real helpful with their answers. It's a tech that answers the phone and he knows what he is talking about. 828-685-7418

Comment

Working...
              X