GPS help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS help

I've got a chance to buy a 3 year old Zumo 550 for around $400. Is this unit worth the money? I'm looking for a GPS that I can upload maps to from my computer. I would like some input from any 550 owners out there, or some suggestions for another GPS that I could use that won't leave me in the poorhouse. Any input is appreciated.
    Ride safe, Stoney

sigpic

03glide

Originally posted by Stoney View Post
    I've got a chance to buy a 3 year old Zumo 550 for around $400. Is this unit worth the money? I'm looking for a GPS that I can upload maps to from my computer. I would like some input from any 550 owners out there, or some suggestions for another GPS that I could use that won't leave me in the poorhouse. Any input is appreciated.
    Good price if it is in good shape...another consideration is the map set that is on the unit and does the owner have Mapsource CD and unlock code...all those cost money if not with the unit...and updating the map set on the unit is about $80 for an one time set and more for lifetime...

Nice thing about Garmin is their customer service...if they still have any zumo 550 units and yours goes south, they will replace it with an as new refurb unit for $70-150 depending on the unit...I have done it twice on my streetpilot 2720 and once on the nuvi I bought one of my daughters...their CS is great...
    Ron
    Bakersfield CA
    • Grumpy II 12 two tone Blue HD POSE Ultra on order..delivered 12-23-2011
    • Grumpy & Stumpy 04 Blue HD POSE Ultra sold
    • 2105 Triumph Tiger 800XRX White and Black

Comment

My friend bought a Tom-Tom to bring on our vacation. Normally $149 on sale for $89.
      That thing was amazing.

Comment

Working...
      X