Heated gear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated gear

I'm thinking of buying a heated jacket liner and gloves in the near future. I've looked at ads for Gerbing and Tourmaster, but I'm still not sure. Prices are comparable, but the Tourmaster gear comes with the thermostat control, and I would have to but that separately with Gerbing. Does anyone here have any experience with either brand, and any suggestions? There's a couple of bike shows in a month or so, and I plan on buying then. Any input would be appreciated.
    Ride safe, Stoney

sigpic

03glide

Dave, I don't have those brands but...I have the full heated jacket, Mike has a heated vest. I have found that the jacket is bulky under my leathers and Mike says he does not have that problem with his vest. We didn't get the gloves. My main reason was because my hands get crampy enough when I ride and it's worse if I have bulky gloves. We bought heated inserts (like the kind used in snowmobiles) They work great and you don't have to change your grips. Plus, if I remember right, they were actually not much more expensive than the gloves would have been. We love our heated gear! We get a rash of shit from some of our friends, but hey I can be comfortable riding in April and October while they freeze their butts off :)
    Every one dies, but not everyone lives.

Comment

What brand of jacket/vest do you have Kathy?
      Ride safe, Stoney

sigpic

03glide

Comment

We have Harley brand.
        Every one dies, but not everyone lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnhorsemom View Post
          We have Harley brand.
          That's good gear..... it's made by Gerbing.
          Ride safe, Stoney

sigpic

03glide

Comment

Stoney, I have the Gerbing gloves and jacket liner. Had to get the control seperate, but it's worth it. The newer liners and gloves are nice. I've had mine for a few years. Had a problem a couple years ago with my liner and controler, but when I called Gerbing, they said to ship them back and they would repair or replace for free. Got a new contoler, and they fixed the connecters on the liner. Bought them at the IMS show in New York. You get their show price which is lower. Very satisfied with mine.
            AKA Suzie

Comment

Thanks for the input Suzie. I'm leaning towards the Gerbing gear myself. I tried some on at the New York show last year, and I'm kicking myself for not buying it then.
              Ride safe, Stoney

sigpic

03glide

Comment

I love mine. Need to get the hook up for the controler for my new bike,
                AKA Suzie

Comment

If you can find your size, you can save some money buying here...

http://heatedclothingoutlet.com/index.shtml
                  Ron
                  Bakersfield CA
                  • Grumpy II 12 two tone Blue HD POSE Ultra on order..delivered 12-23-2011
                  • Grumpy & Stumpy 04 Blue HD POSE Ultra sold
                  • 2105 Triumph Tiger 800XRX White and Black

Comment

Great link Ron..... I'll keep checking back to see if my size shows up. Still a month until the bike show up here.
                    Ride safe, Stoney

sigpic

03glide

Comment

I have the complete set from gerbins,gloves,vest,pants and boot liners I have ridden down to 12 degrees for a couple hours and been toasty.

Comment

stoney I have the liner and gloves as does angela, neither of us have controllers, I use an on/off switch-cheap guys controller, and angela just plugs in most of the time, you will generally not get any deals at a show on gerbings, like the javitz show its the listed price, I got angelas liner from the outlet, it took a while and you have to wait to see if they have the right size and it can take a few weeks to find out-they move slow out in wa....

I love my gerbings, we both have had to have them repaired which can take a few weeks, but its free for life.

Comment

All this heated gear stuff just takes the fun out of riding for me. Spring until fall, thats me. No winter riding.

Comment

Working...
                          X