weekend work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weekend work

mod i did over this past weekend, man these new steel and graphite gaskets are the shit, cleaning off that old silicone bead is simple , sure beats scrapin the old paper and blue glue from the old iron..
    Attached Files

Were they leaking or were you just bored? Rear one is a bugger. I may buy a 1/4 tq wrench next time. Though its not rocket science and hasn't leaked yet.

Orginal gaskets?
    Fortes fortuna adiuva
    Helmets are like rubbers, you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't-Me.

Comment

no, just wanted the chrome, they were not leaking, I have all three sizes of torque wrenchs and the 1/4 was great for the rear cylinder, gaskets replaced with James..

Comment

What brand of 1/4 do you got? I haven't seen a 1/4 Craftsman. I did buy some 1/2 and 7/16 dogbones, which help a bit.
        Fortes fortuna adiuva
        Helmets are like rubbers, you know you should wear one, but its so much better when you don't-Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Berserker View Post
          What brand of 1/4 do you got? I haven't seen a 1/4 Craftsman. I did buy some 1/2 and 7/16 dogbones, which help a bit.
          awww harbour frieght.. but i tested by tightening and backing off a bolt with my craftsman, they gaurantee it to + or - 4 inch pounds, goes up to 220 plus 15 more with the adjustment dial.. i welded a couple of sockets to some old wrenches.. then add 5lbs for an adapter, and i torque at just below upper range..

Comment

Working...
          X